Division News Article

Online registration now open

July 23rd, 2021

We are now accepting new student registrations for the 2021-2022 school year. We have recently launched an online registration system called SchoolEngage. There are two ways to register depending on if you are brand new to Pembina Hills or if you have children already attending our schools.

New to Pembina Hills

Families who are new to Pembina Hills will need to create a SchoolEngage account. For screenshots and detailed instructions, see the New Student Registration page.

New families – Create your SchoolEngage account

Existing Pembina Hills families

Existing families who want to register a new student (ie. Kindergarten) can access SchoolEngage through their PowerSchool Parent Portal.

  • If you do not have a PowerSchool Parent account setup, you can do so by following the instructions on the PowerSchool for parents page – under the section Creating your Account.
  • You will need your child’s access ID information from your school office.

For screenshots and detailed instructions, see the New Student Registration page.

Existing families – Login to your PowerSchool Parent Portal

Before you register…

Here’s what you will need to provide:

  • Proof of age such as a child’s birth certificate or immigration documentation (for newcomers)
  • Legal land description or rural address (Rural Students only)
  • Copies of any court orders affecting student

On the registration form, you will need to indicate if the school you are registering at is your child’s Designated School. If you’re not sure which is your designated school, see our Attendance Area Map or contact the Transportation Office at 780-674-8510 or troffice@pembinahills.ca.

Requesting a school outside your attendance area

We strongly encourage parents to speak directly to their school principal if they would like to request that their child attend a school outside their attendance area. Principals from both the Designated School and the Requested School are required to approve such requests, except for French Immersion or those directed by Student Services.

When requesting a school outside your attendance area, parents will need to complete an additional form—Requested School Registration Application. This form will be assigned to your SchoolEngage Dashboard after you submit the New Student Registration.

What about busing?

If you require busing for your child, visit our Register to Ride page for more information.

Need help?

If you need help with registration or setting up an account: