Parents will receive an email inviting them to participate in our Annual Satisfaction Survey this week. This short survey provides us with specific data about everything from school safety to extra-curricular opportunities. We have been collecting this information for about 16 years. This survey is an important way for parents to offer their ‘voice’ to the planning process.
Links to the survey are provided in an email that will be sent directly to parents. The survey will be open until February 10. We thank parents in advance for their participation.
How long will it take?
- We know it takes time to participate in surveys, and time is precious.
- The questions are brief and use rating scales to make them quicker to answer.
- We estimate that it will take 5 to 10 minutes.
Will I be able to comment?
- There are opportunities for you to provide written feedback at the end of the survey.
How do I participate?
- There is a link to click at the end of the email you’ll receive. It will take you directly to the survey.
- You can respond to the survey using a desktop computer, laptop or mobile device.
Are my responses anonymous?
- Your email address will be collected and connected to your responses.
- Collecting the address eliminates the chance of duplicate responses and enables us to trace issues that might arise in the completion of the survey.
- Comments are reviewed by administration and considered during the planning process.
- No comments are reported publicly.
I have more than one child in the school. Will I get an email for each one?
If you have several children in a single school:
- You should just get one email.
- We have tried to minimize duplicates but given the complexity of families, and because we rely on the information that schools have on file, you might get more than one email for this school.
- IF that happens, you only need to respond one time. We apologize in advance for the extra clutter in your mailbox.
How do I respond if I have several children in a single school:
- Please respond to the questions while thinking about the overall experiences of your children in that school.
I have children in another school too. Will I get a survey for that school too?
- If you have children in more than one school, you will get more than one email.
- Each email has a link to the survey connected to that specific school.
- Please respond to the questions while thinking about the children in that specific school.
What if the survey doesn’t have questions related to my concerns?
- If you have comments or wish to discuss something that has not appeared in this survey, please contact your school principal directly.
- Contact information for all of our schools can be found here: School Listing
What if I haven’t received an email to do the survey?
- If parents do not receive an email with a link to the survey by Feburary 1, they contact Debbie Westman at email@example.com.
What does Pembina Hills do with the surveys?
- Regional office administrative staff, school administrators, teachers and trustees review the survey data.
- Comments are read by administration only. No comments will be shared publicly.
- School data is reported in the school’s education plan.
- The data from all of the schools is combined to create a division summary that will be reported at a public Board meeting. The compiled data is also recorded in the Division Education Plan.