We are now accepting applications for busing for the 2021-2022 school year. All forms and payments can be completed online through the PowerSchool Parent Portal. Families who are new to Pembina Hills can also access forms by creating a new parent account on Student Quick Pay. See more details at the end of this article.
About online forms and payments
- Online payments can be made by credit card.
- Payment plans are also available.
- All fees must be paid in full by August 15, 2021.
- If you do not wish to pay online by credit card, you can still submit the form online. Payment instructions for cash, cheque or debit are included in the form.
Applications requiring payment will not be approved until fees are paid in full or payment plans are in place. In the event that your application is not approved, all fees will be refunded.
Students who attend their designated school
The following forms are available to all Pembina Hills students who attend their designated school.
2021-2022 In Town Transportation Application
Students who live in the towns of Barrhead, Swan Hills and Westlock may apply for busing to school.
- Grade 1-12 students – $415.00 per year
- PUF / Kindergarten students – $207.50 per year
- New for 2021-2022 – Priority will be given to PUF/Kindergarten to Grade 6 students
- Fees are due in full by August 15, 2021.
- If there is still space on the bus after August 15, 2021, Grade 7 to 12 students may purchase passes after that date.
2021-2022 Rural Student Transportation Form
This form should be used by Rural students who attend their designated school. There is no fee for this service. Who should complete this form:
- Current rural students whose designated school has changed and they need to ride a different bus (For example moving up to Junior or Senior High)
- Current rural students whose address has changed and they need to be picked up at a different location.
- New rural students, even if they have older siblings riding the bus (Kindergarten).
2021-2022 Alternate Site Request Form
This form can be used by any parent / guardian who desires any alternate or unusual transportation arrangements for their child. All alternate site requests must be applied for annually. The cost is $50 per student per year. Alternate bus service requests may include:
- Drop off or pick up at a location other than the student’s residence (or usual point of pick up or drop off)
- Riding a different school bus morning and afternoon
- Needing to be registered on more than one bus
Students attending a requested school
The 2021-2022 Requested School Transportation Form (5-1B) is only available online to families who have completed Form 5-1A and/or currently access transportation to a requested school. This form can be used for both types of 5-1 transportation requests, in which:
- Fees are required to be paid
- Grade 1-12: $460 per student per year
- Kindergarten: $230 per student per year
- Fees are exempt:
- French Immersion
- Student Services directed
- Meeting the bus at an existing location
- Neerlandia attendance area going to Barrhead
How do parents access forms and fees?
Existing Pembina Hills families
Parents and guardians with students already registered at a Pembina Hills school can fill out transportation forms and pay fees online through their PowerSchool Parent Portal.
- Click on School Fees and Forms in the PowerSchool main menu. This will direct you to a website where you can complete forms and submit payments.
- If you do not have access to your PowerSchool Parent Portal, please contact your child’s school office to obtain their Web ID letter. This letter contains your child’s unique access ID and password you will need to complete your account setup.
For information about how to access forms and fees online, visit the PowerSchool for Parents page, or contact your child’s school.
New families to Pembina Hills
Parents and guardians who do not have their child registered at a Pembina Hills school (ie. over the summer months) — new Kindergarten students, new families to the area — can fill out transportation forms and pay fees online through Student Quick Pay:
- Go to https://www.studentquickpay.com/phsd
- Create your parent account
- Once you are signed into your parent account, you will have access to transportation forms.
- For information about how to access forms and fees online, visit the Register to Ride page.
For more information about busing for next year, and if you need help with fees and forms, please contact the transportation office at 780-674-8509 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.