Kindergarten registrations for new students are now open for 2023-2024!
What happens in Kindergarten?
Children explore and learn about the world through play. In Kindergarten your child will discover reading, math, physical education, art and music in preparation for a life of learning.
Who can register for Kindergarten?
Children who will be 5 by December 31.
We offer Kindergarten at nine of our community schools. French Immersion Kindergarten is available at our Barrhead and Westlock elementary schools.
- Busby School – Principal: Angie Bachand – 780.349.2464 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dunstable School – Principal: Dale Erickson – 780.674.4401 or email@example.com
- École Barrhead Elementary School – Principal: Dale Bujold – 780.674.8518 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- École Westlock Elementary School – Principal: Amber Monteath – 780.349.3385 or email@example.com
- Eleanor Hall School – Principal: Nadine Marchand – 780.348.5341 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fort Assiniboine School – Principal: Lorna Hiemstra – 780.584.3751 or email@example.com
- Neerlandia Public Christian School – Principal: Brett Seatter – 780.674.5581 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pembina North Community School – Principal: Daryl Chattargoon – 780.954.3790 or email@example.com
- Swan Hills School – Principal: Sheila Gardiner – 780.333.4471 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you register
This form is for students new to Pembina Hills only. Current Early Learning students do not complete the New Student Registration form. You will receive a separate registration form for Kindergarten.
- Confirm which school is your Designated School.
- You will need also need:
- Proof of age such as a child’s birth certificate or immigration documentation (for newcomers)
- Rural Gate Address (Rural Students)
- Copies of any court orders affecting the student
- These documents may be uploaded to the online registration form. (Accepted filetypes include PDF, JPG, PNG)
How to register
If you are new to Pembina Hills and have no other children attending one of our schools, you will need to create a new parent account in SchoolEngage.
If you have children attending a school in Pembina Hills, you can access SchoolEngage through your PowerSchool Parent Portal.
- Click on New Registration & Enrollment Verification in the left menu
Once you are logged in to SchoolEngage:
- Click Add Student (left menu) and enter the First Name, Last Name and Birth Date
- Select Student Name from the list in the left menu under ‘Students’ and click the green New button of the 2023-24 New Student Registration Form (K-12)
Do you need busing?
If you need to apply or register for busing, you will receive an email with busing information after your child’s registration is approved.
If you have any questions about registration, please contact your school office.