Regional Office –
Trustees sworn in to office; Elect new Chair and Vice Chair
All school board trustees in Alberta are elected on a four-year cycle as set out in the Local Authorities Election Act. The 2021 election was held on October 20th, and five of six Pembina Hills School Division electoral wards saw new trustees elected to the board table.
- Judy Lefebvre – Re-elected as trustee for Pembina Hills West Ward 3 (Town of Barrhead)
- Maureen Schnirer – New trustee for Pembina Hills East Ward 1 (Clyde/Busby)
- Sherry Allen – New trustee for Pembina Hills East Ward 2 (Fawcett/Jarvie/Dapp)
- David Truckey – New trustee for Pembina HIlls East Ward 3 (Town of Westlock)
- Victoria Kane – New trustee for Pembina Hills West Ward 1 (Neerlandia/Dunstable)
- Melissa Hanna – New trustee for Pembina Hills West Ward 2 (Swan Hills/Fort Assiniboine)
Following the swearing-in ceremony, the board conducted their first order of business, electing Judy Lefebvre as Chair and Victoria Kane as Vice Chair. Trustees were also assigned to various committees.
We welcome the new board members to their roles and look forward to working with them over the next four years. Read more about the new board of trustees on this page: Your School Trustees.
We would also like to thank the outgoing board members for their dedication and commitment to improving the education provided by Pembina Hills.
COVID-19 Update: Vaccination status for employees
Assistant Superintendents Mark Thiesen and Brett Cooper provided an information update for the board regarding Administrative Procedure 20-07 Workplace Health and Safety: COVID-19 Hazard Control Vaccination Status which addresses proof of vaccination procedures. Staff were provided an opportunity to review the AP and ask questions before it was implemented on November 1st.
Check out the board meeting agenda and minutes for more information.
The next school board meeting is at the Regional Office on Wednesday, November 10, 2021 starting at 9:00 a.m.