Register to Ride
We are now accepting busing registrations online. If you have questions about the information on this page please call the Transportation office at 780.674.8510 or email email@example.com.
Before you register for busing, your child’s Student Registration Form must be approved by your school.
- When your student registration form is approved, you will receive an email with instructions on how to register for busing.
- If you have not completed a 22-23 New Student Registration Form, please visit our Student Registration page for instructions.
- Early learning students must call 780.674.8545 to determine if busing is available.
How to register for busing
If your child is registered (or pre-registered) at a Pembina Hills school, you can fill out transportation forms and pay fees online through your PowerSchool Parent Portal.
- Sign in to your PowerSchool Parent Portal Account.
- Brand new families will receive an email with login instructions for your PowerSchool Parent Portal account.
- Click on Fees, Payments & Forms in the main menu. This will direct you to the Student Quick Pay website where you can complete forms and submit payments.
- In Student Quick Pay, select your child’s name from the top menu. All Rural and In-Town busing forms are listed for you to choose from.
- If you do not have access to your PowerSchool Parent Portal, or are having trouble logging in, please contact your school office.
Online payments are accepted by credit card (VISA, Mastercard, Discover) or VISA Debit.
- Payment plans are available for In-Town Bus Fees and Requested School Bus Fees (5-01B).
- Select Payment Plan when you checkout. Your payments will be processed monthly, until paid in full by August 15, 2022.
If you do not wish to pay online, you can still submit the form online. Payments can be sent by mail or in-person to:
- Cash or cheque – Pembina Hills Transportation Office, 5610 – 49 Street, Barrhead, AB. Cheques are payable to Pembina Hills School Division.
- Debit card – Pembina Hills Regional Office at 5310 – 49 Street, Barrhead.
|Bus fees (per student per year) 2022-2023||Kindergarten||Gr 1 to 12|
|Rural students attending designated school||Free||Free|
attending French Immersion
directed to a program by Pembina Hills Student Services
in the Neerlandia attendance area going to school in Barrhead
|Rural students not attending designated school||$230||$460|
|In town students Swan Hills, Barrhead (Westlock sold out as of Sept 16/21)||$207.50||$415|
|Alternate site requests *||$50||$50|
* Pembina Hills provides bus service for rural students to one bus stop location. Parents may apply for service to an additional stop location (alternate site) under certain criteria.
– The alternate site is located along an existing route and does not require any route deviations.
– The bus is not more than 95% full.
– The parents communicate with the bus driver regarding a schedule for when the alternate site will be used.
Alternate sites will not be granted for one-time use situations such as birthday parties, sleepovers, etc.
Rural bus service: Students attending Designated School
Rural students attending their designated school, enrolled in French Immersion, directed to a program by Pembina Hills student services or living in the Neerlandia attendance area and going to school in Barrhead ride the bus for free.
Rural students currently riding a bus to their designated school do not have to register for transportation. However, you can complete the Rural Transportation Form if your address changes and you need your child to be picked up at a new rural location. The form is available to current Pembina Hills students in the PowerSchool Parent Portal.
New rural students must register for busing. This applies even if your child has older siblings on the bus.
- Sign in to your PowerSchool Parent Portal Account.
- Click on Fees, Payments and Forms.
- Complete the form: Rural Student Transportation Form
Rural bus service: Students attending School of Choice
While we encourage families to attend their designated school, some families choose to send their children to a different school. If you’ve made this choice you must first complete form 5-01A Requested School Registration to enrol at your requested school.
- If your child is already attending another school in our division and wants to change schools, you must call your school and request the 5-01A Form Requested School Registration.
- This form must be approved by the Designated School principal and the Requested School Principal.
You have 3 transportation options:
- You may drive your child to school.
- You may drive your child to a bus stop in your chosen school’s attendance area to catch the bus if there is room on that bus. There is no fee.
- You may apply for a seat on a transfer bus if there is room on the transfer bus. You must complete form 5-01B Requsted School Transportation Application in your PowerSchool Parent Portal (Fees, Payments & Forms) to apply. This service costs $460/student per year for Grade 1-12 students. ($230 per year for Kindergarten students)
Note: For options 2 and 3, you must apply annually for a seat on the bus to a requested school (Form 5-01B). We assign seats on a first-come, first-served basis giving priority to:
- Students who currently ride a Pembina Hills bus to a requested school;
- New applicants. Siblings, who are not currently riding a Pembina Hills bus to a requested school, are considered new applicants.
In-town Transportation Form
Students who live in the towns of Barrhead, Swan Hills and Westlock may apply for busing to school.
- Grade 1-12 students – $415.00 per year
- PUF / Kindergarten students – $207.50 per year
- Priority will be given to PUF/Kindergarten to Grade 6 students
- Fees are due in full by August 15, 2022. Payment plan is available in Student Quick Pay. Just select the Payment Plan Option when you checkout.
- If there is still space on the bus after August 15, 2022, Grade 7 to 12 students may purchase passes after that date.
Alternate Site Request Form
This form is to be used when a parent / guardian desires any alternate or unusual transportation arrangements. All alternate site requests must be applied for annually.
- The cost is $50 per student per year.
When to use the Alternate Site Request
- Drop off or pick up at a location other than the student’s residence (or usual point of pick up or drop off)
- Riding a different school bus morning and afternoon
- Needing to be registered on more than one bus
Should the alternate site request require payment for in-town or rural bus service, the alternate site fee will be waived.