Register to Ride
We are now accepting applications for busing for the 2021-2022 school year, and all forms are available online. If you have questions about the information on this page please call the Transportation office at 780.674.8510 or email email@example.com.
Existing Pembina Hills families
If your child is already registered at a Pembina Hills school, you can fill out transportation forms and pay fees online through your PowerSchool Parent Portal.
- Click on School Fees and Forms in your PowerSchool main menu. This will direct you to the Student Quick Pay website where you can complete forms and submit payments.
- If you need to register another child in your family for busing (Kindergarten) you can add them to your profile through the guest account:
- Click on Linked Accounts, and select Pembina Hills School Division Guest, then Add Guest.
- The Rural and In-Town forms for new students will be listed for you to choose from.
- If you do not have access to your PowerSchool Parent Portal, please contact your child’s school office to obtain their Web ID letter. This letter contains your child’s unique access ID and password you will need to complete your account setup.
New to Pembina Hills?
New parents and students can also access forms and fees online through Student Quick Pay.
- Go to https://www.studentquickpay.com/phsd
- Create a parent account.
- Once you are signed into your parent account, you will have access to In-Town and Rural busing forms.
- Online payments can be made by credit card. (VISA, Mastercard, Discover)
- Payment plans are also available online, but all fees must be paid in full by August 15, 2021.
- If you do not wish to pay online by credit card, you can still submit the form online.
- Payment instructions for cash, cheque or debit are included in the form. Cheques are payable to Pembina Hills School Division.
Early learning students call 780.674.8545.
|Bus fees (per student per year) 2021-2022||Kindergarten||Gr 1 to 12|
|Rural students attending designated school||Free||Free|
attending French Immersion
directed to a program by Pembina Hills Student Services
in the Neerlandia attendance area going to school in Barrhead
|Rural students not attending designated school||$230||$460|
|In town students Swan Hills, Barrhead, Westlock||$207.50||$415|
|Alternate site requests *||$50||$50|
* Pembina Hills provides bus service for rural students to one bus stop location. Parents may apply for service to an additional stop location (alternate site) under certain criteria.
– The alternate site is located along an existing route and does not require any route deviations.
– The bus is not more than 95% full.
– The parents communicate with the bus driver regarding a schedule for when the alternate site will be used.
Alternate sites will not be granted for one-time use situations such as birthday parties, sleepovers, etc.
Rural bus service: Students attending Designated School
Rural students attending their designated school, enrolled in French Immersion, directed to a program by Pembina Hills student services or living in the Neerlandia attendance area and going to school in Barrhead ride the bus for free.
Rural students currently riding a bus to their designated school do not have to register for transportation. However, you can complete the Rural Transportation Form if your address changes and you need your child to be picked up at a new rural location. The form is available to current Pembina Hills students in the PowerSchool Parent Portal.
New rural students must register for busing. This applies even if your child has older siblings on the bus.
- Create a new parent account at Student Quick Pay
- Complete the form: 2021-2022 New Student Rural Transportation Form
Rural bus service: Students attending School of Choice
While we encourage families to attend their designated school, some families choose to send their children to a different school. If you’ve made this choice you must first complete form 5-01A Requested School Registration to enrol at your requested school.
You have 3 transportation options:
- You may drive your child to school.
- You may drive your child to a bus stop in your chosen school’s attendance area to catch the bus if there is room on that bus. There is no fee.
- You may apply for a seat on a transfer bus if there is room on the transfer bus. You must complete form 5-01B Requsted School Transportation in your PowerSchool Parent Portal (School Fees and Forms) to apply. All parents who submit completed 5-01A forms will have access to form 5-01B.
This service costs $460/student per year for Grade 1-12 students. ($230 per year for Kindergarten students)
Note: For options 2 and 3, you must apply annually for a seat on the bus to a requested school. We assign seats on a first-come, first-served basis giving priority to: 1) students who currently ride a Pembina Hills bus to a requested school; 2) new applicants. Siblings, who are not currently riding a Pembina Hills bus to a requested school, are considered new applicants.
2021-2022 In-town Transportation Form
Pembina Hills parents – This form is available online through your PowerSchool Parent Portal.
New parents – This form is available online through the Student Quick Pay guest site. You must create a new account first in order to fill out the form.
Students who live in the towns of Barrhead, Swan Hills and Westlock may apply for busing to school.
- Grade 1-12 students – $415.00 per year
- PUF / Kindergarten students – $207.50 per year
- New for 2021-2022 – Priority will be given to PUF/Kindergarten to Grade 6 students
- Fees are due in full by August 15, 2021.
- If there is still space on the bus after August 15, 2021, Grade 7 to 12 students may purchase passes after that date.
2021-2022 Alternate Site Request Form
This form is to be used when a parent / guardian desires any alternate or unusual transportation arrangements. All alternate site requests must be applied for annually. The cost is $50 per student per year. Alternate bus service requests may include:
- Drop off or pick up at a location other than the student’s residence (or usual point of pick up or drop off)
- Riding a different school bus morning and afternoon
- Needing to be registered on more than one bus
The alternate site fee per student is $50 per year. Should the alternate site request require payment for in-town or rural bus service, the alternate site fee will be waived.