Students can earn Educational Assistant Certificate through Pembina Hills and Northern Lakes College!
The 2024-2025 10-month dual-credit program will take place January 29, 2024 to January 30, 2025, each afternoon 12:30 p.m.-3:30 p.m. (no classes during Spring Break or the summer).
Earn high school and post-secondary credits at the same time!
Afternoon sessions will be held in Barrhead or Westlock (flexibility to view online if not in their community). Students must also participate in full-day sessions on PHSD Professional Development Days in Barrhead.
- Credit in English 30-1 or 60% in English 30-2
- Credit in Math 10C or Math 10-3
- No tuition costs for 3rd, 4th and 5th-year high school students in PHSD
- Adult students will pay tuition based on the rates annex (not applicable to current EA employees)
- Textbooks are the responsibility of the student
- Two practicums in PHSD schools
Interested Students: Add your name to our Interest List Form below by November 24!
For more information, contact Karen Fischer at email@example.com.
IMPORTANT: This information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act Section 33(c). This information will be used to identify practices or conditions which may affect the safety and care of individuals. If you have questions about the collection of this information, you can contact the FOIP Coordinator at Pembina Hills School Division, 5310-49 St. Barrhead, AB T7N 1P3 or by phone at 780.674.8500.